Sunday, November 7, 2010

5K PR

East Windsor Veteran's day 5k, November 6, 2010.

I done't miss this race as it is practically in my back yard. Been running, biking and lifting a little, but nothing compared to hard core training. Did not expect to PR a 5k, and intentionally went out too fast. I Wanted to see what I could do the first mile in. I did the first mile in 7:05 and managed to hold onto enough speed to average 7:35 pace and fininsh in 23:40 (somewhere around there, I have yet to find the official results). My time last year, and previous PR, was 24:21. I'm damn happy with this and hope I can continue to bring the running times down.

3 comments:

  1. fantastic! that one has a hill or two in too if I remember correctly - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome...always a nice surprise when you can PR - means all that background training is still there!

    ReplyDelete