Thursday, September 30, 2010

Skipped one, made up one, added one

Wed recap:

Well, it's turning into a recurring theme - missed my swim workout. This time I had an excuse, not that I would have needed it. I left my workout bag at my daughter's gymnastics studio Tuesday night and it has all of my swim stuff in it - swim suit (yes, I only have one), goggles, etc. Not back there until tonight.

Did the 20 box jumps, 20 squats, 20 pushups, 20 situps, run one mile, times two. completed this in 21:05. Distance may have been slightly over a mile, but pretty close. Thought this was an easy workout (relative to others) until I got to the second round - I almost took a digger on the first box jump and determined that I better concentrate a little harder.

Second workout: I spaced out and forgot to do the 50 burpees on Tuesday. This was not intentional, I meant to do it after driving my daughter home from gymnastics but it takes a bit to get her to settle down at night and by the time I got her settled down I was ready to settle down myself. finished in 5:05.

I was feeling bad about missing the swim and realizing that I probably would not get to it Thursday either, so I decided to add a workout. I did two sets of 60 reps of lat pulls. It was a good burn.

Next two workouts are short, but intense and then it's all low intensity until the marathon. I have never looked more forward to running 26.2 miles than I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment