Saturday, July 10, 2010

Soaked

I've been trying to get my workouts in either in the morning before it heats up or in the evening after it cools down a bit. Regardless the humidity has been high. I'm soaked when I finish the workouts. I don't mind sweating, except when it gets in my eyes.

Friday evening - 800m run, 30 situps four times for time. My street is 1/2 mile so I did this on my street. Kept my splits - 800s were as follows: 3:13, 3:21, 3:30, 3:31. Total time was 18:12. Avg HR 157, max 168.

Saturday morning: 45 minute bike time trial. 15.84 miles. Did 16.1 miles on same course back in May. I think I overcooked the first hill - felt it later in the ride. Average HR 153, max 159.

Saturday evening (a few minutes ago). AMRAP 20 min, 5 pushups, 10 situps, 15 squats. Completed 23 full rounds and pushups and situps on the 24th round. I think this is the first time that this hit my schedule - I could not find a log of this workout so there is nothing to compare it to. Felt pretty strong - pushups and situps went really well - legs really started to burn on the squats (345 squats completed, 120 pushups and 240 situps).

Shower time!!

See you Lake Placid maniacs soon.

2 comments:

  1. good job - my legs are killing me this morning after my AMRAP yesterday. I also have the same issue with sweat into my eyes/contacts. I need to keep an extra set of lenses in my bike bag I decided.
    And, too funny, my block is exactly 1/2 mile long also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are killing me on the WODs!!! You are truly the "Hammer". I hope everything else is going well too.

    ReplyDelete