Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swim, leg press

Between working around the house, helping a friend put a playscape together and plain ol' procrastinating I almost did not get to LAF in time to get my swim in. As it was I had to cut the rest time from 4 minutes to two. 6 x 100 two minutes rest for first five and took four minutes for the last one. Results: 1:24, 1:28, 1:29, 1:31, 1:31, 1:29. These results are very close to the last time I did them except I took the full four minutes on each set last time. I was three seconds faster on the last one. I really felt these in the lats. Had barely enough time to swim a 200 warm-down and then the place was shutting down. Second workout was max squats times 7. Well, got kicked out of LAF so I substituted leg presses at home. My plan was to see if I could get to the point where I had all of the weights that I own on the leg press machine, but I was not able to get to that point. I think I still had 20 or 25 pounds left that I could have put on.

Looks like Jay had a good showing at Eagleman. Way to go!

2 comments:

  1. Martin

    Thanks for the voice mail. I didn't have your call back cell # on my phone. I can't do a ride on Wed. morning. Work week makes it impossible & this week work is just nuts. Hope all is well.

    David

    ReplyDelete