Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I had to slide everything on my schedule back by a day due to putting the wrong day for Patriot on my calendar. Most races are Sunday races, but Patriot is on a Saturday - an easy mistake to make.

Heavy legs on Sunday plus 3,3,3,3,3 squats yesterday have my legs a little weary (actually only got two up on the last set @ 185). I probably could have pushed the last one up, but I had a weird sensation where the leg meets the hip - not a sharp pain or anything, more like a strange tightness - with a race coming up I decided to err on the side of caution. It feels fine today so I don't think there is an injury to worry about - just the old body creaking and groaning.

20k TT at 80% went well. My average HR was 146 - I was shooting for 144 so I was pretty close. I had to keep reminding myself that I was not going for the record, but it was hard to hold back. Total time 35:53 for 20.78 mph. My heaviest day this week is Wed which gives me two days of relative rest before Patriot - that should be plenty.

On tap for today is a 500 yd swim TT and a circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment