Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday party

I will get to training, but this is kind of funny. My wife asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday - she wanted to take me out to dinner. I didn't want to do dinner - I t0ld her I really did not want to do anything for my birthday. My daughter would not hear of that so she (the nine year old) took it upon herself to plan a party for me. I told her (the nine year old) that IF she was going to throw me a party, it had to be a cookout. She said "o.k. dad").

A couple of days later, as they are scrambling to put this thing together I asked if they invited my parents - they had not gotten around to it yet. Then I asked if they invited my sister - same answer. THEN it turns out that my wife is planning on doing pizza. I am getting to the point that I despise pizza. So I'm wondering, who are they throwing this party for?

I invited my parents myself, good thing too as they were the only representatives of my side. The guest list was the mother and father in law, brother-in-law and his fiance, four of my wife's friends who ironically all have children around my daughter's age. Now, don't get me wrong, they are a fun group of people, but I did not see any representatives from my friend list. I did, however, get my way with the cookout - it pays to be a baby sometimes. I pouted until I got my way.

Guess who did the grilling? Guess who ran out to the store to get the goodies? Once again, who was this party for?

To close this long-winded story, I actually had a good time.

The workouts - morning, 30 minute bike ride. I rode with Dave C. and we were busy flapping our jaws so I missed my turn - ended up riding a little over an hour - all easy.

After the first two guests arrived, I snuck down to the basement to get the thusters in - 50 thrusters w/45# for time - 2:56. Then it was time for a cold one.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a nice time - despite the fact you had to work at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! sounds like you had a fun time Martin!

    ReplyDelete