Friday, June 25, 2010

row run - say that five times fast

Time was 25:06. Not sure what it was last time I did this and don't know how well they will compare. I warmed up on the treadmill with an 800 and then got going. First row done in about 1:48 - All five rows were fairly consistent staying around the 1:50 mark. Someone jumped on the only downstairs treadmill during my first row so I had to run upstairs to get on the treadmill. The Quickstart feature on the first treadmill I jumped on did not work and it took valuable seconds to figure that out before jumping on the treadmill next to it. Ran at 9mph and then back downstairs for another 500 row. By the time I was finished with my second row the downstairs treadmill had freed up so I used that for the remainder of the workout. All running done between 8.5 - 9mph. Did last .125 at 9.4 mph. Finished gasping for breath and worrying that I was going to fly off the back of the treadmill. Walked around the gym for a couple of minutes to cool down, took a cold shower and then went back to work. It took a good half hour before I was not sweating anymore - even after the cold shower.

Tomorrow is a 40k bike TT and 600 yd swim TT. Really looking forward to the bike - thinking about riding the Stafford hill route, but may ride my normal TT route so there is a good point of comparison. I probably won't decide until I get to the turn - if the light is green I will do Stafford route, if the light is red I will turn right and do standard route.

3 comments:

  1. I like your way of choosing the route...I do the same thing. Red light, turn right, green light - going straight. Whatever it's meant to be works best! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you do if the light is yellow? Just kidding have fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I would prefer your routes to the 4 loops in Central Park I am doing tomorrow at 6am to avoid the crowds.

    ReplyDelete