Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yesterday beat me up

O.k., it sounds like the jury is in and that Cindy is 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats vs. 15 situps. I think I could have got one or two more rounds if I did squats vs. the situps, but maybe not - my abs are really complaining today. Seems like there has been a lot of ab work lately, not that I'm complaining as core strength is critical.

First workout today was an 800 yard swim TT. I warmed up a little more than usual as I am tight from yesterday's abuse. Total time was 14:05 which is not my best time, but considering how tired and tight my muscles are, it is a good result. Warmed down with an easy 400 concentrating on long pulls.

The next workout was row 500m, 50 kb swings w/20#, row 500, 40 kb swings, row 500, 30 kb swings, row 500. Again, I did not feel my strongest, but put forth my best effort. Total time was 14:27.

I did some running drills in between swimming and rowing (rowing machines were in use (hardly though)). I find it hard to keep time with the metronome - could be because I have no rythm (trust me - can't keep time to music and believe me, you don't want to see me dance). I am going to keep at it as I am determined to get this licked!

4 comments:

  1. if im tired it is harder to stay with the metronome and you said you were feeling beat up. maybe try it as a warmup when your fresh and see if it goes any better. or maybe double the speed on it so you have a beep for each leg pull instead of coordinating the two legs to one beep. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can set it to two beeps (I'm sure that musically there is a technical term for this). That's a good idea - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we're just about on the same schedule. I was feeling REALLY tight before my swim as well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hammer

    Great job on your WOD's!! Yes we are all tired, but it seems to me even when we are tired we are still producing results. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete