Thursday, May 20, 2010

Good bike result

I was going to bike in the morning but wussed out - wet roads and fog. I would have went (I can say that now), but I knew it was going to be a beautiful day so I went after work instead. Workout was 4 intervals - 3 mile, 6 mile, 9 mile and 12 mile with rest of 1 min, 2 min & 3 min. I seemed to get faster as I went - Did a loop course and did the loop twice so the terrain was very similiar throughout except the first interval had a disproportionate amount of uphill. Results:

3 9.40 18.62 mph
6 16:42 21.22 mph
9 26:43 20.21 mph (the longest hill on the loop hit this interval - good result considering)
12 34:17 21.00 mph

My perception was that I was not riding strong, but I am happy with these results.

I'm not sure if I am going to make it to the gym tonight for the rowing/burpees workout - will either substitute a workout or do it in the morning which is where I am leaning.

3 comments:

  1. There is no way I am sniffing your time at Rev3! Hopefully, you'll stay at the finish to cheer me on as I come across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assuming I finish in front of you, of course I will be there. I truly believe the run is a great equalizer here - regardless I think we are both going to have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hammer

    Your going to be blasting through the REV 3 course. Great results on the bike.

    ReplyDelete