Sunday, May 2, 2010

Swim intervals and squat/row

4 x 400 swim intervals at 80%, each within four seconds. I am about to find out how I did as I have not looked at my watch yet - here it goes:

1. 6:53
2. 6:57
3. 7:02
4. 7:02

If they had to be 4 seconds from the first then I failed - if from the prior then I came close. I took two minutes rest in between.

Squats and rows - squats were really hard - did first set with 140 pounds, second and third with 135 AND YES, the five pounds made a difference. I don't remember this being so difficult last time I did the workout and I doubt my times are going to even come close to comparing. My legs actually felt like they were going to cramp during the squats. They didn't, but holy crap, it hurt! I did a decent amount of yard work today and I was squatting quite a bit - I think that played a large role in why I had such a difficult time. My time was 19:00 and I am not at the computer with my workout log so I don't know how it compares yet, but I suspect it's not good. On the plus side the rowing was good - managed to get all of the 500's in around 1:50 and did the final one in 1:48. I could barely stand when I finished and it took me a while to catch my breath. It's a great feeling!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Martin -- I'm training with Max for IMAZ in November. Been reading your blog for a couple of months now :). You are looking really strong for LP! I had the same two workouts today and -- after ready about your CF workout, I'm thinking I didn't work it hard enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam - I hope you're right about LP :)

    Crosfit is an interesting animal. The way Max put it to me once is that if you are not in excruciating pain, you are not doing it right. Most people cannot push themselves this hard and as much as I would like to say I'm the exception, I find it hard to push so hard all the time. If you read Crossfit Dave's blog, Erin's, or Dan's blog I think you will find three people who have it dialed in. I'm missing some folks so don't shoot me for not mentioning your names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Martin, you gave it everything and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete