Saturday, May 29, 2010

Painful circuit/good bike

Last night I did a circuit that was new to me. Run 400m, 50 squats, 10 burpees times four. The squats really hurt - could be because I did 100 yesterday as punishment for skipping 3 sets of weighted max squats. I should have done the three sets, I would have been less sore.

The first round went fairly well - did 40 of the 50 squats pretty quick and then I started feeling it and realized that I needed a pacing strategy. Burpees went better than I expected and off to do the rest. The only split I took was my last 400 because I was curious - it felt like I was running slow as molasses. Completed it in 1:49 - faster than I felt like I was going.

The entire workout was completed in 17:50.

Biked 45 minutes for distance early afternoon (warmed up with some yard work). Considering that I started out pretty sore from the squats from the prior two days, I think I did pretty darn good. Completed 16.1 miles in the 45 minutes (avg speed 21.47).

Other than some soreness in the legs I feel pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. That was a tough circuit Martin! I did it this morning and thought I might die... :)

    ReplyDelete