Wednesday, April 21, 2010

5k for time following rest day

Monday was a rest day. Damn it! I earned it!

My legs were still feeling tired Tuesday when I woke up, but I had all day before I planned to do my 5k for time. I had a friend coming over in the evening to help me paint. We went for a run before we started painting. I have never run with this friend before, but I had run with his identical twin brother so I knew genetically what he was capable of. Lucky for me he is out of shape (but he still whupped me).

We warmed up for a mile, stretched and then had a go at the 5k course. We stayed together for two miles and I ran hard figuring that this may be my only chance to ever beat up on him (he is trying to get back in shape - he is very fast when in shape). When we hit two miles he started to stretch it out and I just could not stay with him - though I tried. He finished in 24 flat (my goal on this course) and I finished in 24:43 - not my best on this course, but not bad either. I believe this comes out to 7:57 pace. I ran the first mile at 7:33 which felt fairly comfortable, but apparently it was too fast. Next time I am going to try to go out at 8:00 pace and negative split each mile after that - I wonder how that will work out.

Second workout was 100ft walking lunges, 10 burpees, 25 situps 3 times for time. Finished in 6:42.

No comments:

Post a Comment