Saturday, January 2, 2010

Indoor time trial

If you have read many of my blogs then you know that I am not fond of the treadmill or the indoor bike trainer. Well, today did not make me any more fond of the confounded trainer. The speed is so out of synch with how fast I ride outside - it's frustrating.

It took me 1:29:49 to complete the 40k TT. I believe I would have finished this in 1:15 - 1:17 outside. The important thing is that I pedalled TT intensity. I could not get my HR much over 150, but every time I tried to increase the intensity I could really feel the lactic acid building up in my legs. I also had trouble finding the right gear - one gear felt too light and the next one up felt too heavy. I almost never have this problem on the road.

I drove to the gym to do the squats. I warmed up with the bar and then started with 135 - the progression was as follows: 135, 145, 155, 165, 170. I was only able to get three of the 170s up. I wonder if this would gave gone different if I lifted before I rode. I'm going to look back in my log, but I believe I have increased the weight on this workout by about 15 pounds.

Monday's a day off so I am going to push tomorrow's workout to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment