Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hurts so good

Well I lied a little yesterday - I said today would be back to back workouts, but it did not work out that way. I had a meeting at 2:00 p.m. that was going to last until 4:30 so I planned on leaving the office around noon and banging out both workouts before heading to the meeting. I left later than expected so I only had time to do one. I did the Row 500m, 50 swings, row 500m, 40 swings, row 500m 30 swings, row 500 m workout. I do so enjoy the rowing machine - brings back memories of the college days. I finished the first 500 in 1:48 and the last one in 1:50 so I was able to remain pretty consistent. I finished the whole workout in 15:35 which in my mind is pretty damn good. I was in excruciating pain and deep into oxygen debt when I finished. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this crossfit stuff. Funny though - I no longer feel weird doing the cross fit workouts at LAF. Of course, I do the more obnoxious ones at home.

Second workout was 800yd swim. I was having problems with the goggles again and actually stretched out my warm-up trying to get them to stop leaking. I tried loosening them, tightening them and then finally turned them upside down - that's what worked. I completed the 800 in 14:42. That's not bad for me especially considering that I had to stop momentarily to rub out a cramp in my calf. Don't know what that was all about - I think my hydration was good today. I warmed down with a 200 - 100 breast and 100 freestyle. I am really starting to appreciate the benefits of a good warm-up and warm-down - I felt nice and loose after the warm-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment