Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need more weight

Today was a long work day - the first of many. It was a productive day so I would not say it was stressful, just long. I got home around nine and immediately headed to the cave. I tried out a couple of deadlifts at 70 pounds and although the back is feeling much better I could feel the pull on the bad spot and decided not to risk it and did leg presses instead. I warmed up with a relatively light weight and then started stacking it on. I ended up with about 350 pounds on the press and I was out of weight. That was o.k. for today as I was only able to get two of those up, but this is about 30 pounds more than the last time I leg pressed. I'm going to pick up a couple of 25's next time I'm at Dick's or Sport's Authority - I could use them for the deadlifting as well. Based on my recovery rate I should be back to full functionality in about a week.

Tabata Bike 32x - don't know what to say about these. They hurt so good!! They were really hard in the middle as it still seemed like there was a long time to go, but I was able to push each and every one of them. Got to 4.7 miles. I think I am getting the hang of this Crossfit stuff. It hurts like crazy for a little while and then you go write your blog.

Tomorrow's workout would be best done on a track (200, 400, 800, 400, 200) but I will probably end up on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment