Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CRAMP!!

I was sleeping soundly, actually having nice dreams and all of the sudden I jolted awake with a cramp in my right calf. I hopped out of bed and rubbed it out. When I was convinced it was not coming back I took a swig of water and went back to sleep.



I did my swim workout at about 2:00 p.m. (sometimes it pays to be self employed). I was the only one in the pool for a little while. I warmed up with a 500 doing some one arm pulls and some catch-up drills. Did the 800 yard TT in 13:57 (1:44 per 100) - last time 14:42 (1:50 per 100). AND I KNOW I COUNTED RIGHT TODAY!! Was warming down with an easy 500 and my damn toe cramped - curled under my foot and it was painful. This was on lap 9 - scrapped the rest of the warm down. Took a good five minutes to work this one out.



I know what the problem is. I sweat more than normal during yesterday's workout due to LAF being hotter than normal. I did not hydrate well during the workout, but made up for it afterwards. I did not pay any attention to my electrytes before during or after the workout. My fault - one more thing I will try not to repeat going forward. I got a big bottle of gatorade after the swim and have been sucking that down for a couple of hours. Hopefully I am fine before I do workout number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment