Saturday, January 16, 2010

40 K TT on trainer

I heavily weighed the option of doing the TT outside as it was a pretty nice day, but I talked myself out of it for a number of reasons. The number one reason is that the data would not be indicative of how I am doing since all of my recent TTs have been on the trainer.

This one really hurt. No matter how hard I tried I could not get my HR over 152. I was having a miserable time and contemplated quitting more than once - everytime getting mad at myself for even thinking it. I kept pedelling, and pedelling.............I was convinced that this was going to be an absolutely miserable result. In the end I took 56 seconds off of my last 40k tt which was about two weeks ago.

More torture tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Martin - you are too tough on yourself! And after all that, you have to remember that it's still a PR! Those legs are tired, I'm sure, after this week's workouts, so enjoy the fact that you made it through another one! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete