Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm dragging

I'm dragging partly from the workouts and partly from fighting a cold. The wise man may have taken a day or two off, but I don't like to succumb. I'm actually feeling better, but a little worn out - tomorrow's a day off so I get to rest.

Both of Tuesday's workouts were intense. I lifted at noon and did a track workout in the evening. Lifting consisted of seven sets of squats, 3 reps and seven sets of bench, 3 reps. I screwed up the weights in my head and had myself doing 10 lbs more than I actually was. I thought I was squatting 145 and benching 175 but I was actually doing 135 and 165. I'm pretty happy with the bench, but dissapointed with the squats. I am sore from the squats today though. I don't see squats (with weight) on my plan for some time - next time I see it, it has me doing my body weight for max reps. At this rate it will only be one rep unless I lose some more weight.

The second workout was 8 400's with 30 seconds rest between. I did not keep my splits, but I do know that the first one was done in 1:41. My total workout time was 18 minutes - strip out the rest and you have 870 seconds of work time. 870 divided by 8 gives you 108.75 seconds average per 400. so average was about 1:49 per 400. This was a hard workout. Repeats number 3, 4 and 5 were the hardest.

Today's workout was done at about 1:30 in the afternoon. It was a pool workout and rowing 2500 meters for time. I forgot my towel - luckily Target is close by. The swim workout was 20 25's with ten seconds rest. Strange to follow up no swim workouts for a while with intensity right off the bat. I was tight from not being in the pool for a while, but did not have any problems finishing the workout. I was pressed for time so I warmed up with a 200 and cooled off with a 200, dried off and then did the rowing workout. I forgot to look at the time when I was done, but I was averaging about 2:04 per 500 so I should have finished right around 10:20. That's a long 10:20- these workouts hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment