Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Brutal

Run 400m, 30 box jumps, 30 wall ball shots (substituted thrusters) 5x for time. BRUTAL!!

I finished the first set and was on target to finish the workout in 25 minutes. As soon as I started the second set I knew that was not going to happen. I was really dragging after the third set, but I pushed on and finished the workout in 36:45.

I think the word "for time" really screws up my head - I generally just go hard and disregard that you need to pace yourself. The workouts are short, but not so short that you can go all out for the duration. I think that I will replace "for time" with "continuous" in my head next time. My bet is that if I slow down I will actually finish the workout faster.

Today's workouts look hard as well. Bench - seven sets of 3 (so I guess that means go heavy) and squat seven sets of 3. Second workout is 8 400s with thirty seconds rest in between. I will try to pace this appropriately so I run them even.

I get back in the pool tomorrow. I will make sure that happens - I always feel like I am coming from behind (training wise) with swimming as I have taken so much time off from it in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment