Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mon, Tue & Wed

I'm really starting to enjoy the Crossfit workouts. They are short and intense. Monday was rowing 2000 meters for time. I figured I better pace this a little better than the 1000 meters done the day before - going twice the difference after all. I thought I started easy, but when I got to the 500 split the computer indicated that I was actually rowing faster than the day before. I distincly remembered how I felt when I finished the 1000 and decided to back off a little to make sure that I could last the 2000. When I got to the 1000 the computer still indicated that I would break 8:00 for the 2000. I expected to be between 8:15 and 8:30. I think my 1000 split might have been equal to or faster than the day befores 1000, but I did not note it. When I got to 1500 meters there was still a good indication that I would break 8 so I increased my focus and worked really hard to keep the pace up. I worked the last 200 meters real hard - total time was 7:53. I'm not sure what a good 2000 meter rowing time is, but this was an achievement in my mind.

Tuesday I did little Barbara - 3 rounds for time of 20 pull-ups, 30 pushups, 40 sit ups and 50 squats. I finished in about 30 minutes. The pull ups are what add to the time component for me as I have to split them up into 4 - 5 sets to complete them all. My abs are still sore from this workout.

Wed was supposed to be Lynne, but I got my workouts mixed up and did Nocole instead. 400 meter run followed by as many pull-ups as possible - repeat as many times as you can in 20 minutes. I did seven rounds of 400 meters and six rounds of pull-ups. Pull-up counts are as follows: 7-6-7-6-5-4.

I will do Lynne today - five rounds for max reps of body weight bench press followed by pull-ups.

I'm looking forward to the weekend - 5k for time on Saturday and a 60 minute bike ride on Sunday. Hopefully its nice Sunday - I want to ride my new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment