Sunday, October 18, 2009

The pain begins anew

I took the week after the marathon off in order to concentrate on work commitments. The planned workouts were all recovery workouts and I really should have done them, but it's hard to convince yourself to go down into the basement and ride the trainer after a 14-15 hour workday.

Well, work is pretty much back to normal and I renewed my training efforts. I did a recovery trainer ride followed-up with deep slow squats. This was a good way to ease back into things. Saturday was a little more intense - 100 burpees for time. I had to break it up into two sets of 50. Total workout time was 18:55. The funny thing is I remember doing these in the military over 20 years ago - I'm not sure I would have been able to do 100 back then, but maybe I would have. I once did 85 pushups in a minute (ahhhh, the good ol' days) in basic training so I guess it was not out of the realm of possibilities.

Today was another short and sweet workout. The workout was named Jackie - 1000 meter row, 50 thrusters and 30 pull-ups for time. I got off to a roaring start - I finished the 1000 meters in 3:53 which if I can remember my past days as a college rower (I got around) that is a pretty good time especially for a lightweight. As usual, I had no regard or respect for the things to come after as the thusters were very hard coming off the rowing machine. I had to break it up into sets of 15-15-10-10 to get the 50. I'm not quite sure how many sets the pull-ups were broken down into - I know there were a couple of sets that I only managed to squeeze out two. Total time 26:30.

I'm sore already from this workout. So it begins again! Bring it on!!

P.s. I picked up my new bike today. It is sweet! Too bad it was raining, I would have liked to take it for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment