Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation is over...in more ways than one

Vacation week was...well...vacation. I did not vacation from training. As a matter of fact, I was sore for most of the week. Angie on Monday and Burpees on Tuesday made sure that my triceps were sore for most of the week. They were so sore that I had trouble getting my shirt off one day. I did not get in as much swimming as I would have liked - I did some good sets on Tuesday, but the pool was pretty busy on Thursday so lap swimming was out. I even got there early, but I think a lot of people decided to spend the day at the pool instead of going to the parks. Tomorrow is a swim day so I will make sure I get a good one in.

Running in the Florida heat and humidity was a real chore. You can't get away from it - the day starts out humid and the heat comes on fast. It still beats running on a treadmill though, so I suffered through it. I ran 10k for time Thursday. I was convinced that it would be a pretty pathetic time due to the heat and humidity, but I finished in 53 minutes even. I believe that is better than I did at Suffield last year. I run 5k for time this week and I think there must be something wrong with me because I am looking forward to it. I have the perfect course for it as there is a sanctioned race a short distance from my house every year - I will run that course.

I somewhat took a vacation from my diet last week. I stayed on it as much as I could, but there was a little drinking, and well, some snacking, and perhaps some fried foods......I'm back to being strict this week however and can already tell the difference energy level wise.

Yesterday was my first time on a real bike in over a week (had to ride a stationary on vacation). I rode hills followed up with a run. I don't think I have ridden hills this well in quite some time and definately not this year and maybe not even last year. I ran harder than I was supposed to yesterday, but felt so good I just had to push it. I will follow the plan going forward - just did not want to waste the feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment