Thursday, May 14, 2009

05/13/09

Today I got my bike back from the shop. There were a couple of things that had to be changed out due to the bike fit. The stem is shorter and has a rise, the handlebars are wider and there are new aero bars on the bike. The old aero bars were too long, plus they would not have fit on the new handlebars (wider tubing).

The workout for today was an aerobic ride for 75 minutes. It was hard to guage whether or not I am getting more power or if I am more efficient due to the bike fit as I am fatigued from yesterdays workout (yes, it effected me more than I thought it would). The new aero bars are going to take some getting used to. I liked the Syntace bars that I had been using - they were comfortable from day one. I do not feel as stable with the new bars, but I do believe that I will pump out more power in the aero position now as my position is much better on the bike than it was before.

I still want a new bike, but that will have to wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment