Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm back!

Today was the first workout that appeared to be all out since IMLP. 50 step-ups (I did 50 each leg), 40 box jumps, 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 burpees, 2 times for time. I finished in 15:14 - did it in 15:31 back in May.

I made the mistake of weighing myself today. According to my scale I gained five pounds over the week. That's impossible!! I know some of it is water weight as flying always makes me dehydrated - all the damn waiting around and not drinking enough fluids. I do believe that I put a couple of pounds on though - the resort was all inclusive and it's not that I ate a lot - I ate the wrong foods in the wrong proportions and drank lots of Mojitos and Capairinas - they go down real easy.

I immediately got myself back on the diet today and will be disciplined until I am happy with the way a look and feel.

Postponing today's swim (20 x 50 yd on 15 seconds rest @ 80%) until tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I took yesterday off for the travel, so I don't feel I need the rest day, plus I just don't feel like driving all the way to the gym when I will be practically right next to it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Back - and what is a Capairina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a rum drink with limes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. food and drink makes such a huge difference in the way i feel i find that an excellent motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did 25 each leg, nice job Martin, good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete