Sunday, May 16, 2010

A whole day of yardwork

Having a big yard looks good on paper, but it takes a lot of work to maintain. I neglected my flower beds last year and I'm trying to get them in decent shape this year - too much pride to let them go. I feel like I am always behind because of what I do for a living - I probably don't get out into my yard until three to four weeks after my neighbors.

So I spent the whole day in the yard yesterday and pretty much the whole day today (and I'm still not done - probably another whole weekend just to get the clean-up done).

According to my plan, today was supposed to be a race day. That's because when I did the plan I had to estimate when some of the races were and missed Shamrock by a week. I just flipped next week's workout to today - kind of. Did one of the workouts yesterday and I did yesterday's WOD today.

First workout was swim 20 x 50 w/ 15 sec rest. Keep 50s within 3 seconds of each other. I was not too motivated after spending all day in the yard, but the water felt good when I jumped in. It was a little cooler than usual which perked me right up. 49, 50, 49, 51, 51, 49, 49, 48, 49, 49, 48, 49, 49, 50, 49, 48, 52, 50, 49, 48.

Second workout - 30 deadlifts and 1000m row. 5:20. Quite frankly I am shocked by the time. It is only one second slower than last week and I felt good last week - today I was wore out from the yardwork and the swim. My row was 10 seconds slower than last week which means I picked it up on the deadlifts and the transition (gym was not crowded - ran from deadlifts to rowing machine - don't care if I look like a dufus).

No comments:

Post a Comment