Saturday, May 15, 2010

Last four workouts

Thursday evening:
Tabata box jumps, pushups, lunges, situps. Had my daughter do the timer on these - she was aweful - she did good about telling me when to stop, but she was not good about starting me up again - she had an extremely short attention span. numbers were effected by this as you will see.

Box jumps 10, 8, 10, 10, 9, 9 8, 8
pushups 13, 15, 14, 7, 10, 8, 8, 9
lunges 12, 12, 13, 12 , 13, 12, 13, 13
situps 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 15, 15, 15

You can probably tell that I took over the stopwatch on the lunges

Friday:
21 situps, run 200m, 18 situps, run 200m down to three situps, run 200m. finished in 8:36, last week was 8:47. Lungs were about to burst when I finished and HR hit 172.

Sat morning:
20k bike TT. 35:11. Best time so far is 34:14. I had to come to a full stop once at a traffic light and three of the last four miles were into a headwind. All in all, I would say that this was my strongest ride so far this year. It was so nice out (other than the headwind) that I kept riding, plus I had someone to ride with and he was not going hard today so we enjoyed the early morning nice weather and chatted - we completed 40 miles before you knew it.

Sat evening (after a full day of yard-work):
50 step-ups, 40 box jumps, 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 burpees x 2 for time. 15:31. This is the first time I have seen this on the schedule (it's actually on for next week, but I'm shuffling since I was not going to drive to the gym for a 6 minute workout - I'll do today's workout tomorrow after my swim since I will already be at the gym).

Everyone seems to have an excersise that they dislike (despise might be a better word). I am not very fond of box jumps - perfer to to burpees over box jumps any day.

2 comments:

  1. Nice results Martin! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate boxjumps also and often sub out step ups, just make sure i am even on both legs. not quite the same intensity, but I have fallen and don't wat to risk my knees on the jumps.
    Nice results!

    ReplyDelete