Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm a dufus

Anyone who read my prior entry is saying "yes you are!"

This is actually about a workout. I did my 1000 yard swim TT after work today. I stretched and warmed up out of the water as I wanted to try something new - I did the 1000 with no warm-up. I wanted to see how my body reacted to this. Unfortunately I never turned my stop-watch on. I thought about doing another 1000, but that would really defeat the purpose, go off plan and I told my wife what time I would be home and really wanted to make it.

Unfortunately I don't have a time, only perception of how I think I did. I don't think it was my fastest 1000, but certainly not my slowest either. My back muscles were really feeling it probably due to workouts done earlier in the week. My breathing was good and my stroke felt decent, just not the most powerful it has ever felt.

I postponed my Xfit workout until tomorrow for two reasons - one you probably already guessed (appeasement), and the other because I am feeling really run down from yesterday's run and Xfit circuit done shortly thereafter.

I'm glad my wife does not read my blogs. Jen, if you're reading this how much do I owe you to keep this to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment