Friday, March 5, 2010

Late night workouts - yikes!

I worked a long day yesterday. Our first big deadline is 3/15 (corps) plus we try to get as many partnerships done by then as well since people are waiting for their K-1s. I got home at 11:30 and decided what the hell, let's do the workouts. I srarted with the Xfit 20 box jumps, five push presses, 10 burpees amrap 15 minutes. I must say that I am feeling more recovered from the Mary, but can stil feel it especially doing a workout like this. Managed five full rounds and got two burpees in on the sixth round (finished the round, but only two of the burpees counted).

I did the 4 x 5k bike next - increasing intensity on each 5k. My program did not specify any rest and it was too late to call Max so I decided that I didn't get any - I just stepped each one up. I was totally gassed by the end - HR hit 170 and I was swimming in a pool of sweat. After reading a couple of other blogs it appears that I was supposed to take a short rest in between each one.

Today I did my workout at lunch time as I did not want to get in the habit of doing midnight workouts - need rest too. Run 400m, 20 burpees times four. I thought I was going to bang this one out in no time. The run time was only going to be eight minutes, perhaps a little less afterall. Well, I find it hard to do burpees while I am gasping for breath. The 400s went well - it was taking two minutes each, but it takes the treadmill a good 10 - 15 seconds to get up to speed. I did not run less than 8mph and bumped it up to 9mph by the time I finished. Total workout was 16:58 so you can see that the burpees took me a while to finish (I think this was the third day in a row that I had burpees on the schedule).

Yesterday I felt like puking when I finished the bike workout and today I was dizzy when I finished. Am I pushing myself hard enough?

I still have a few latent pains from the Mary, but feeling much more "normal." I supect all will be forgotten by Monday.

Watched the POSE running DVD while biking. I need to watch again as I was having trouble concentrating on keeping my intensity up and on the DVD at the same time - decided that workout came first.

3 comments:

  1. I give you props for doing that late night workout - the 4x5k bike at a decent hour for me knocked me out - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your WOD!!! Isn't it amazing on paper the WOD's like like no big deal, then your in the middle of one & you scream HOLY&^*&%$##.
    Great job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete