Friday, February 12, 2010

Please sir, can I have some more

I just finished up the run 400m, 50 squats times six workout. I did it in 23 minutes, thank you for asking. I was thinking why stop at six, why not do twelve - I am training for an ironman after all. Well....I'll tell you, my legs were so swollen and numb on the last set of squats I could barely walk when finished. Six was enough - thank you again.

I did yesterday's workouts back to back. First was the bike standing for one minutes, one min down, two up, two down up to five and then back down. Wow, this is a really different feeling on the legs than riding hard while sitting. I rode some big gears while doing this and really worked the legs. I can't really explain this, but I get excited when I see bike intervals on the schedule - I love them! Run intervals - not so much.

I went right into the 21 KB swings (25#)/21 knees to elbows for four rounds. Go this done in 10:25. I would not say that my form was great on the knees to elbows, but I felt the abs alright. They were, and still are, sore from Tuesdays workout. I actually thought about skipping it, but my pride got the better of me (plus I don't want to have to write about a missed workout).

They are getting harder to get in. My work days are getting longer and the workouts are happening later at night. I will persevere!

Tomorrow is a 40k TT. I am looking forward to it. I plan to put my new seat on before hitting this - should make the effort slightly more confortable.

1 comment:

  1. Martin

    Now that is impressive!!! 23 of them. Keep it going!!!!!!

    David

    ReplyDelete