Thursday, January 14, 2010

The pain, the agony

I was going to skip the blog tonight, but I must admit I'm a little addicted to it. I had, you guessed it, two workouts to do today. Bike 1 mile 12x 1 min rest intervals and run 400m, 20 box jumps and 20 wall balls 5x for time.

I did the bike workout first. I made sure that I was in pain for this workout. Time per 1 mile is as follows: 2:59, 3:01, 3:06, 2:58, 2:57, 3:01, 3:00, 3:01, 3:11, 3:10, 3:10, 3:01. I will explain about 9, 10 & 11. I was doing most of the intervals by starting in one gear and shifting to a harder gear half way through the interval. On number 9 I tried to ride the whole mile in the harder gear and burnt my legs out before the end. I guess I do know my capabilities. Number 10 - still recovering from number 9. Number 11 - well I sweat alot when I ride indoors. I sweat right on top of my bike computer and it shorts out - I have to remove it and dry the contacts before it will work again - well that's what happened on number 11. Number 12 - last one, naturally I put everything I had left into it.

I had about two hours between workouts. I thought that was plenty recovery time to get another good effort in. Well, it was a good effort, but I was not fully recovered (I didn't really expect to be, just wishful thinking). Finished in 24:23. Substituted 25lb plate for wall ball - obviously I did not throw it.

Two more tomorrow. Probably have to do back to back - that's o.k., it adds character.

No comments:

Post a Comment