Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hard workout

Today called for a brick. 45 minute bike and 30 minute run, 100% effort. I take this to mean at your aneorobic threshhold. Any less effort and you don't acheive your best time, any more effort and you blow up. I rode the same course as yesterday and finished in 45 flat, 2:30 faster than yesterday. I find it ironic that considering the additional effort over yesterday I only shaved 2:30 off of the ride. The run was an out and back and I may have made it a little further than Tuesday, but fairly negligible. I did split the run much more evenly than on Tuesday. My return time was only about 5 seconds slower than my out time and that could be due to the turn. All in all I would say that I acheived 100% effort. I did not wear a heart-rate monitor so no stats are available.

I am very much looking forward to Litchfield Hills Tri. I just keep telling myself that I need to swim straight and the rest will take care of itself. Hopefully I am writing that race report on a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment