Sunday, July 4, 2010

Max did it again

First and foremost - Happy fourth of July. A little political commentary - although I don't agree with many of the things going on in our country right now (almost to the point that I'm thinking about becoming an activist), we still live in the greatest country in the world. I just hope it stays that way.

Correction on yesterday's bike - it was 39.85 miles - still a good ride.

O.k., what did Max do? He put a workout on the schedule that on paper does not look so bad. Man, ignorance is bliss! The workout, which I'm sure many of you have done by now, was 500 swim, 50 squats, 400 swim, 40 squats down to 100 swim, 10 squats. Here was my thought process - there is no way this can be as bad as the swim and pushup circuits - you know, the ones where you can barely feel your chest and arms when you are finished. First 500 went well - 8:36, then the 50 squats, then I got back in the water and started the 400 and I had no power - totally zapped - why? because I just sent all my blood to my legs - power started to come back after the first 100. This went on for the rest of the workout - I was totally gassed by the time I finished. I kept my splits mainly because I was curious, plus the one thing that has consistently worked for me is my stop watch. Splits were as follows:

500 8:36 1:43/100
400 6:58 1:44/100
300 5:15 1:45/100
200 3:28 1:44/100
100 1:40

As an aside - I am still sore from Thursday's workout - yes its Sunday and I'm sore three days later - mostly abs and my ribs are actually sore too (are there muscles there?). Don't know if its mainly from the wall balls or the box jumps, regardless, it was a tough one and it tore me up.

Saving my 10k for this evening - on my way to a party and putting the workout late in the day will keep me from drinking alcoholic beverages. Trying to be good until July 26th!

1 comment: