Saturday, March 13, 2010

13.1 mile TT

The result was not exactly what I was hoping for. It took me 2:07:33 to complete this run. I was looking for 2:00 or less. I concentrated on hips forward, mid foot strike and supple muscles. Running actually felt different to me - perhaps a little more comfortable. Felt it a little bit in my knees at the end, but not too bad. I can't expect to erase 40 years of bad habit after doing a few days of drills. Will keep at it.

I used mapmyrun.com to help me select a course. I found a 6.5 mile (each leg) out and back. When I got to the turn around point my GPS indicated that I only went 6 miles. I modified the course on the way home to get my 13.1 according to the GPS. I drove the course on my way to work this morning hoping mapmyrun was right and that the GPS needed calibrating. I actually got a third result with the car's odometer - closer to the GPS than mapmyrun though. This is the second course that mapmyrun had very wrong.

Does anyone else use mapmyrun and if yes, do you find it to be fairly accurate?

2 comments:

  1. Invest in a polar with a foot pod- always accurate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I have and that is what I have been relying on - it just pisses me off when I have to deviate from a planned path because my GPS and mapmyrun don't agree.

    ReplyDelete