Sunday, December 27, 2009

Still sore, but better

About four hours after doing the 25k bike time trial I did my second workout of the day. I pushed this one hard - the way I look at it is if I can do a workout with no or minimal discomfort then I am going to push it to the max. This one called for 50 pushups, 50 lunges, then 40/40, 30/30, 20/20 and 10/10 - for time. I tried to do each set with more intensity than the one before. I finished it in 19:30. I was very satisfied with this workout

Today called for squats - fives sets of three. I am not ready to test the back on squats or deadlifts yet so I did leg presses. I have the kind of leg press machine that you lay on your back and push the weight up with. You get a pretty good range of motion if you bring the weight all the way down which I do. I barely have enough weight in the house to do this workout - I had everything I have except for 30 pounds on the machine. Total weight was about 320 to 325. I love doing leg presses, but I try to stick to the plan as close to possible and leg presses are not anywhere in the plan. As soon as my back is recovered I will not be doing leg presses anymore.

Speaking of the back - its come a long ways in the last two days. It is sore when I move in certain ways, but it is no longer sore when I am just sitting around. Also, it was tender to the touch and now I have to push pretty hard to find the spot now. Tomorrow is a rest day and Tuesday's workout is the same as Friday's. I am pretty sure that I will be able to do burpees Tuesday and will attempt deadlifts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment